Dispatch Services For Trucking Companies
These are some of the many reasons why hiring a consultant to help you out is an important factor for first time trucking companies or even veteran truckers who only want to worry about driving and not having to worry about where their next load comes from.
Dispatchers can solve all of the above problems and are a perfect resource both old and new drivers can utilize to help their business be successful. Hiring a good dispatcher can do the following for your business:
- Ensure that you’re booking consistent freight and staying loaded at rates that keep you profitable.
- Keep your weekly revenue targets within a certain range.
- Negotiate rates in your favor knowing the locations you’re going to, and if higher rates are needed to compensate you for the empty miles you’ll need for your next load.
- Sign your broker carrier agreements and act as your power of attorney for booking loads and signing on behalf for your commitments.
- Watching and checking the credit of customers to make sure you’re booking loads with credit worthy entities. They work with your factoring company to make sure the factor will accept and purchase the load.
- Submitting your freight bills to your factoring company to make sure you’re getting paid timely.
These 6 reasons listed above are hours of work each week that you don’t have to worry about. Those might be the hardest 6 hours of the job other than getting loaded and strapping everything down. For that, it’s almost worth it to pay another entity to handle all that heavy lifting. Dispatchers today charge anywhere from 5-10% to handle all of the above (depending on how much they do) and it’s worth it for the hassle and time that you don’t have to worry about it. Not to mention their experience in booking thousands of loads and understanding rates and where the best freight is.
Some might think that paying 10% is too rich to give a third party to help you stay loaded but let’s examine the alternative. Driving, dispatching, booking loads, etc. on your own, might only yield you (at most) an average of $4000 in weekly revenue. After all fuel and expenses, your take home weekly pay will probably fall within $1200 per week. Using a dispatcher, your revenue potential can jump to approximately $6000 per week which after expenses and your dispatch fees will jump your weekly take home pay to approximately another $200 each week. That’s another $10K per year.
Whether you’re a first-time trucking business trying to learn the ropes or a veteran trucking company looking to free up more of your administrative burden, contact OperFi dispatch partners in order to increase your revenue potential and keep you loaded on the road.
Reach out to your OperFi rep to see if you can get approved for the most exclusive trucking factoring relationship on the market. OperFi is changing the way Trucking Entrepreneurs interact with their factoring companies. Transportation Factoring and Freight Factoring shouldn’t force you to be another number. Give us a call and experience the OperFi difference and see why our carriers plan their business growth with OperFi service.
Contact OperFi today to get a free consult and learn how to lower your insurance costs and earn more profits for your trucking company. OperFi is changing the way Trucking Entrepreneurs interact with their factoring companies. Transportation factoring and Freight Factoring shouldn’t force you to be another number. Give us a call and experience the OperFi difference and see why our carriers plan their business with OperFi service.